Thursday, November 2, 2017

☀ West Coast 🏜



I lived one of my dreams.
I did it.
I went to the other side of the ocean.

I went to the west coast for month all by my lonesome.

wow did i just really use that grammatically weird sentence? where'd i even get it from? ... more questions for the unanswering universe.

☀ Well, I nearly cried and saw the Grand Canyon. I saw Yosemite and the Sierras and felt I was the luckiest girl in the world.  I met such beautiful people, beautiful amazing american people and travellers.  I was meeting people, then missing them after only a few days.  I was constantly happy and elated.  I saw huge beautiful trees, wild deer and elk, tiny squirells everywhere.  I watched a desert sunrise, a west coast sunset, a san francisco heat wave, and the real foggy mist of monterey.  I went to 'tourist traps' but I didn't feel cheated. Some still have their treasures.  I got comfortable in each new city,  I even became a 'regular' at some places.  But will I ever go back? 

I felt I was in a dream, but that dream became reality.  Then I came back, and home felt like it was a dream. One I didn't care for, and I'd rather wake up soon and be back in the life where I was somewhere new every three days.

Will I ever go back though? USA is definitely on the list someday.  I really want to see more national parks, and deserts, and canyons.  I'm sure i'll still enjoy it, but it won't be the same.  My first full trip was so amazing, the definition of the word.  The worst that happened was some bad mosquito bites, seriously.  I only cried twice;   when i was close to missing the Canyon bus, but a nice life-saving taxi driver decided to turn around and get me as his first passenger.  And at week three when I was thinking of each person I had met until that point - and how many more amazing people i will fall in love with in the future and will only have one or two days with them and how there will be so many 'first and only goodbyes'.

How long i have wanted to just go, and get out of this place. A couple of years ago I bought a blank book for a dollar at the lifeline book fest. The first page of writing has a list of American cities I wanted to see, and five out of nine places were had W for west beside it.  I even wrote "but i'' have to choose sooner than later or it will be pushed aside, and it will be a dream forever"  It did get pushed aside more than a few times, but I kept going for it. I made up my mind and just bought the tickets after only wanting to see how much it might cost to go to LAX.  I didn't even want to go to L.A, but I still got it, and just fixed the right flights later, and I'm so glad i did!  Seriously, If i hadn't purchase it that night I might never have.  Also, L.A wasn't too bad. I miss the people I met there the most, and the sunsets were so beautiful.  I swear to the gods I had gone at such a perfect time, the weather throughout my whole trip was perfect nearly all of the time.

And I wasn't really alone.  I met so many others doing a very similar trip, where as I thought I was doing something weird.  I went by myself to every destination, but at each stop I met others who had done the exact same.  I was oddly part of something.  Lots of people don't realise it but it happens naturally in this world.

I have this bucket list also. It's not written, and it's not definite.  Anything on the list is everything.  And everything on is something that's been ticked.   I'm really revealing my mind here.

So where to go next.  Now I have to make up my mind all over again. But I'll definitely be getting out of here, again.🏜

Grand Canyon sunset

San Francisco post sunset twilight




No comments:

Post a Comment